LAX Modernization Moves Forward
Airport chief Gina-Marie Lindsey vows Los Angeles will have an airport worthy of the city it serves.
It's a Done Deal!
The Oakstone Company continues to make deals even in the face of one of the worst economic climates in recent memory. Here are just some of the deals
- 9010 Bellanca, Los Angeles
- Office and warehouse space at 9010 Bellanca in LAX area has been leased to S&L Contracting Inc.
- Warehouse space at 9010 Bellanca in Los Angeles has been leased to B&W LAX Trucking Repair Inc.
- 737 Lairport, El Segundo
- WPS, a leading publisher of assessments, book, software, and therapy tools.
A modernization plan for Los Angeles International Airport that would cost an estimated $5 billion to $7 billion and pay homage to the Pacific Ocean was unveiled last November.
And work is already underway for a dramatic remodeling of the Tom Bradley International Terminal and a new Midfield Satellite Concourse, which will yield 32 new airline gates capable of accomodating newer, wide-bodied jetliners.
"It's an eye-opening vision," Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa told the Daily Breeze. "It's truly a vision to behold, representing the best of Los Angeles."
The First phase, set for completion in mid-2013, calls for remodeling the Bradley terminal and building six new aircraft gates capable of handling super-jumbo jets, such as the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. By 2012, LAX, the nation's sixth-busiest airport, is expected to serve more A380 flights than any other airport in North America.
Plans also call for building a new passenger processing center, several taxiways and a people mover tram that winds its way around the entire airport.
LAWA Executive Director Gina-Marie Lindsey said the proposed exterior design will celebrate the airport's proximity to the beach. Curved stainless steel panels give the appearance of waves lapping at the terminal's rooftop. Large windows and skylights allow natural sunlight to pour into the passenger walkways.
"We are on the right track in terms of modernizing LAX, dramatically enhancing the passenger experience and reestablishing the airport as a modern U.S. gateway in a competitive global market," she said.
Lindsey added that not only the exterior of the airport will be improved. New concessions highlighting food and goods unique to Los Angeles will enhance the traveler's experience at LAX.
747 Glasgow, Inglewood
- Otomix, a manufacturer of specialized sports gear for the elite athlete, has leased office and warehouse space at 747 Glasgow in Inglewood, California
9000 Bellanca, Los Angeles
- Office and warehouse space has been leased to Fastrucking, a transportation and logistics company.
- Warehouse space has been leased to Spongibles LLC, a technology and innovation company.
- Pandoship LLC, a company that produces termal shipping labels for outbound freight on behalf of its clients has leased multiple office spaces.
- West L.A. Poker, which provides gaming furniture and dealers for casino type parties, has leased office space.
- Windart Express LLC a logistics company occupies office space.
5600 Arbor Vitae, Los Angeles
- 36,154 square foot industrial land including the building was leased by DTG Operations, Inc.